Serves 4 | Preparation time 15 minutes | Cooking time 15 minutes
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
1 roll ready-made puff pastry
For the Filling
3-4 Tbsp chocolate spread (to make: heat together 200g Frey’s Creamy Milk Chocolate with 100g cream and allow to cool before using)
100g of Frey’s Dark Orange Chocolate, roughly chopped
2 Tbsp soft brown sugar
1/4 cup hazelnuts or pecan nuts, toasted and roughly chopped
2 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp orange or clementine zest
1 Tbsp butter, melted, to brush the pastry
For the Sugar Glaze (optional)
1 Tbsp butter, melted
1/4 cup icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla paste
Zest and juice of 1 clementine
2 Tbsp mascarpone
WHAT TO DO
1. Pre-heat your oven to 200C and lightly grease a deep baking tray or muffin tray.
2. Lay out your defrosted puff pastry on a lightly floured surface, and roll out gently until it is about 1/2 cm thick. Spread over the Frey chocolate spread, then sprinkle over the brown sugar, cinnamon, nuts, Frey Dark Orange Chocolate chips and fruit zest.
3. Roll the dough gently into a ‘log’ (with the longest edge lined up with the edge of your kitchen counter, then roll away from you i.e. you want to roll up the longest edge and not the shortest edge of your pastry rectangle) and then cut into 3cm slices.
4. Lay the rolls cut-side up in the baking tray or muffin holes, brush with the melted butter and bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly golden.
5. Remove the rolls from the oven and set aside to rest. Meanwhile, prepare the sugar glaze by mixing all the ingredients except the mascarpone together and bringing to a gentle simmer in a small saucepan. Then remove from the heat, whisk in the mascarpone and pour over the rolls.